[Wine] Microphone Problems

tparker at etherstorm.net tparker at etherstorm.net
Thu Feb 11 15:10:57 CST 2010

On Thursday 11 February 2010 3:47:22 pm Aiello wrote:
> After some playing around in the ALSA mixer, it appears I can either have
>  Wine pickup static or nothign at all.<snip>
> Again, native Linux apps pick up my voice fine

I saw your post yesterday and was hoping someone would have ideas for you that
I could use as well. I haven't had a mic working through wine in several
months, although mine also works fine in Linux native apps. You mentioned pulse
audio, on other threads and forums people have said to completely remove
pulseaudio from your system to get sound/mics in wine, but that is not an
option for many distros.