[Wine] Wine/Darwine no longer opening .exe files?

Dusky duskfalling at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 11 13:08:22 CST 2010

I downloaded Darwine 1.0.1 the other day, and it's been working fine until
today when I loaded it up and suddenly it didn't want to open .exe files any
more. I've tried freshly installing it with a clean version, but this one
isn't doing it either. This is the error I'm getting:

Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
fixme:commdlg:GetFileName95 Flags 0x00800000 not yet implemented
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
err:ole:apartment_createwindowifneeded CreateWindow failed with error 2

I'm no computer buff, I've no idea what it means - can someone explain to me
in simple terms what's wrong and what I can do to fix it? It's the not .exe
file as it worked fine with the same file yesterday, and not even the test
.exe files that come with the download are working.