[Wine] Re: office installation crashes

zeedune wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 11 23:52:41 CST 2010

dimesio wrote:

> zeedune wrote:
> > I get the same error on an Ubuntu 8.04, Hardy with Wine 1.1.37. I've also tried with wine 1.1.25 and 1.1.35, but they all give the same error. Are there any other tricks I can use, besides upgrading Wine?
>

> Which error are you talking about--Office not installing or the missing dependencies?

Office not installing, I think. More precisely "*err:msi:ready_media Cabinet not found: L"C:\\windows\\Installer\\OfficeLR.CAB" " .

However, I noticed that I had some problems with winetricks also, so I completely removed Wine and re-installed it again, then followed this guide: http://www.wine-reviews.net/wine-reviews/microsoft/office-2007-in-ubuntu-910-with-wine-1132.html and now it works perfectly. Apparently my wine installation was messed up.