[Wine] Install from CD? Executable permission not set?

jage wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 11 23:54:25 CST 2010

This has got to be an easy one, but I can't seem to find it.

I'm trying to run an install executable from a CD and the executable permission isn't set... but I can't set it because it's a read only CD.

Ubuntu 10.4
Wine 1.1.38

I thought there was a way to disable the "run only executable" or whatever in Ubuntu, but I can't find it, googling executable is just a bunch of junk and the ubuntu IRCs were no help... again, I'm assuming it's something simple I'm missing.

Incidentally is there a Wine IRC for support?