[Wine] Need some feedback on this Printing Solution

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 09:14:42 CST 2010

On 13 February 2010 12:22, Martin Gregorie <martin at gregorie.org> wrote:

> Even when you have CUPS working for native Linux programs it still may
> not work for programs run under Wine. The solution is to make sure that
> Basic Server settings have "Publish shared printers" and "Allow printing
> from the Internet" selected. This is needed because Wine connects to
> CUPS using the network printing mechanism: this is off by default in
> many distros and IIRC Ubuntu is one of them.
> You can find these settings by going to 'System: Administration:
> Printing' and click 'Server' on the Printer Configuration menu.

:-O

You've just solved this particular problem for me too!

(I use Lotus Notes under Wine for work ... on my Ubuntu laptop!)

@judgedredd - computers (Windows or Linux) are of course stupid,
annoying and don't work. (I'm a professional, I know this.) The
difference is it's a lot easier to get help with Linux for the asking
:-) Is there a local Linux user group? They'd have a lot of helpful
geeks.

- d.