[Wine] Re: Visual C++ runtime library error

InterestedParty wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 14 20:44:23 CST 2010

Should I be able to install that update into my wine directory for everything to work? I've installed visual C++ through winetricks and I'm still getting

Code:

err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR80.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\IP\\.wine2\\drive_c\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Battlefield Bad Company 2 - BETA\\BFBC2Game.exe") not found

The only time it's found is when it is in system32, but I'm being told here to remove those. Clearly this program requires it and isn't able to find it in winsxs