[Wine] SmartGo and mlang.dll

jesse wilson jessemichaelwilson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 20:14:10 CST 2010

I didn't realize I was replying just to you. This is the output:

rogue at BetaCentauri:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/SmartGo2$ wine
~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/SmartGo2/SmartGo.exe
err:ole:COMPOBJ_DllList_Add couldn't load in-process dll L"mlang.dll"
err:ole:create_server class {275c23e2-3747-11d0-9fea-00aa003f8646} not
registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object
{275c23e2-3747-11d0-9fea-00aa003f8646} could be created for context
0x7

This is with mlang.dll native as the default setting for all
applications, and a redundant entry just for SmartGo2. I have the dll
in the system32 directory, and also in the program's own directory.
For permissions I have read/write set for all users. But not execute.
I haven't believed it should matter up until now, but I will set the
execute bit. All the things we've tried sofar haven't changed the
output. Here it is with the execute bit set:

rogue at BetaCentauri:~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32$ wine
../../Program\ Files/SmartGo2/SmartGo.exe
err:ole:COMPOBJ_DllList_Add couldn't load in-process dll L"mlang.dll"
err:ole:create_server class {275c23e2-3747-11d0-9fea-00aa003f8646} not
registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object
{275c23e2-3747-11d0-9fea-00aa003f8646} could be created for context
0x7

If anyone has any ideas, please tell me what I should do. If someone
wants to walk me through using winedbg to figure out what's going on,
I can do that, I just don't know how to do that myself. From the
output, it looks clear that the dll is not getting loaded. The dll is
from windows xp, and I just checked to make sure that the wine
configuration is set to windows xp. It is....  I just don't have a
clue why this dll is not getting loaded. It looks like all the other
error messages derive from the first one. I am running Ubuntu 9.10,
any help you or anyone else can give me I will appreciate very much.
Thanks,

Jesse