[Wine] Dragon NS 9 Standard Installation errors

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 17 10:25:25 CST 2010

>Don't like to bump but before it goes off the page does anyone have any thoughts please?
>
>TIA

Hi.
I looked at the terminal output you produced. I'm no expert but there doesn't seem to be anything unusual in it.
Could you do me a favor?
Start with a clean and empty wine prefix.
Make sure you have the file cabextract installed.

sh winetricks gdiplus gecko fontfix fontsmoothing-gray

Copy the contents of your disk to you home directory, as DNS.

cd dns
wine setup

The one difference with more recent versions of wine is that there is now very effective monitoring of DNS licensing rights. I don't know how that could be a problem for you, but it might.
Also, I've run into a really weird situation a couple of times. Using firefox at the same time has caused my installations to abort. ???
I'm using 10 Standard now without a problem. I still have 9 around here somewhere. In the next couple of days I'll get it out and see if I can make it install and run.
Susan