[Wine] How to make a simple win32 software to work under wine

irvinehooi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 18 06:46:15 CST 2010

Hi I'm new to wine and not having much experience on using it. The only thing I did was successfully install MS Office 2003 on Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty). I install wine from Ubuntu official repository.

I wondering it is possible for me to install and run the software called "Tonic" from "r2 Studio" http://www.r2.com.au/software.php?page=2&show=tonic it is a Local Area Network chatting software.

I was used this program everyday for conversation in my working place. But I decided to switch to Linux platform and first problem I faced was this software.

I tried to install this software, it successful install but when I try to run it by right click on the program .exe file and select "run with wine application". After that nothing happen.

May I know how to make this program work under wine ??

Thank you in advance