[Wine] Re: How to make a simple win32 software to work under wine

irvinehooi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Feb 19 05:13:10 CST 2010

I have already use the repository provided by the WineHQ and updated wine in my PC to the latest wine 1.1.38.

I also get the runtime needed, and this time the program successfully run on linux. But it just only for normal chatting operation. It cannot allow me to set and save the setting from the preferences. So I cannot change the message style, display name and.......etc.

If I change it, the system will give me an "Program Error" message said that "The program Tonic.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close.

So how can solve this problem ??

Is this the disadvantages of using the Linux and Wine to use Windows application ??

Thank you.