[Wine] Drake Tax Preparation Software

Scott drmemory at 3rivers.net
Fri Feb 19 12:35:00 CST 2010

Hi,

I am new to using wine. I wanted to run our office's tax preparation
program (Drake). Using wine, I installed a workstation version of
Drake by running a program off the server, as has been done on the
windoze machines here. I can get the program to start (the console
shows "fixme:wininet: InternetGetConnectedState always returning LAN
connection", but I understand that this is nothing for concern?)

Upon starting, it displays a box:

  Dwin.dll
  disabling menus
  5=access denied

I click 'OK', and it appears to start off normally, lets me load a
client to work on. Yesterday, I was able to pull up one form, enter
some numbers. Then upon closing that form, the program froze up
completely. The entered data was, however, put into the datafile on
the server, which was encouraging.

Today, I tried it again. This time, I cannot enter any numbers in the
form, either by the keypad or the number keys. '8' from either place
moves the cursor up one line. And again, it freezes up upon trying to
exit the form.

Probably not much to go on, but if anyone has ideas for further
exploration, I would appreciate it.

Scott Swanson