[Wine] autoconf error with Wine 1.1.39

Gus Wirth gwirth79 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 14:54:10 CST 2010

On 02/20/2010 12:24 AM, nucleo wrote:
> Don't know what can be broken.
> For now I have disabled autoreconf in wine.spec and it builds fine.
> But may be something needs to be fixed.

The fault is being caused by the use of AS_VAR_APPEND macro, the first
instance of which is at line 5003 (after patching) which is testing for
FONTFORGE in the configure file. The use of this macro was introduced by
Alexandre Julliard. From the update notice here:
<http://www.winehq.org/announce/1.1.39>

makefiles: Use AS_VAR_APPEND to build the list of warning messages.

Except the autoconf in Fedora doesn't have a AS_VAR_APPEND macro, so the
autoconf fails. The error I get on Fedora 11 is:

configure:5003: error: possibly undefined macro: AS_VAR_APPEND
      See the Autoconf documentation.

So how does one go about getting that macro?

Gus