[Wine] autoconf error with Wine 1.1.39

Gus Wirth gwirth79 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 15:58:06 CST 2010

On 02/20/2010 12:54 PM, Gus Wirth wrote:
> On 02/20/2010 12:24 AM, nucleo wrote:
>> Don't know what can be broken.
>> For now I have disabled autoreconf in wine.spec and it builds fine.
>> But may be something needs to be fixed.
>
> The fault is being caused by the use of AS_VAR_APPEND macro, the first
> instance of which is at line 5003 (after patching) which is testing for
> FONTFORGE in the configure file. The use of this macro was introduced by
> Alexandre Julliard. From the update notice here:
> <http://www.winehq.org/announce/1.1.39>
>
> makefiles: Use AS_VAR_APPEND to build the list of warning messages.
>
> Except the autoconf in Fedora doesn't have a AS_VAR_APPEND macro, so the
> autoconf fails. The error I get on Fedora 11 is:
>
> configure:5003: error: possibly undefined macro: AS_VAR_APPEND
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
>
> So how does one go about getting that macro?

To answer my own question, here's what I did:

Go to kioji.fedoraproject.org and search for the m4 package. Download,
rebuild and install the latest version m4-1.4.13.4. Fedora 12 already
has this so you can skip this step.

Install erlang and emacs if you don't have it installed already.

Download, rebuild and install the latest autoconf package for Fedora 13,
autoconf-2.65-1.fc13.src.rpm. Rebuild and install.

Wine will now build.

Gus