[Wine] Where does Wine install my windows stuff on my mac?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 20 16:48:48 CST 2010

doh123 wrote:
> bryan23 wrote:
>
>> Alright I just installed like 3-4 games using wine and whenever it asked me where I want to install it, I usually click next etc.
>>

>> I tried searing for them with spotlight but I couldn't find them. The games I installed are probably like 8gbs.
>>
>> How do I access that C:\ drive I installed them in?
>>

> spotlight will not find them by default unless you are looking at hidden files/folders.
>
> just like on Linux, the default wineprefix is going to be in your home folder under .wine
>
> starting with a . means itshidden, so finder will not show it.  Without any 3rd party hacks, the easiest way to see it in Finder is to open Terminal.app and type in...
>

> Code:
> open ~/.wine

Actually it is better to use

[code]
open $HOME/.wine
[/code]

This will work with any version of MacOSX and if Linux is installed.

However, there are third party programs you can get that will allow the
display of hidden/system folders.  USE WITH CAUTION...  One such folder
is where Fink stores its program information.

James McKenzie