[Wine] bootable WINE

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Sun Feb 21 23:41:09 CST 2010

phillipewu wrote:
> Does anyone know of a bootable version of WINE which I image would have to include Linux?
There's hundreds of Linux distros out there. Pick one as your base, then
just build and/or install Wine like normal on it.

Or, pick a distro that includes Wine by default. Remember, Google is
your friend! We're here in case you have problems with Wine itself.

By the way, this won't solve your root problem. Wine doesn't support the
binary registry hive format used by Windows XP. I'm sorry, but you'll
just have to find another way.

And no, running the Windows-native Registry Editor won't help. It just
calls the Windows APIs that support registry manipulation (which, I
reiterate, don't support the native registry hive format).

Chip