[Wine] Re: Direct3D error trying to run game?

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 23 10:43:17 CST 2010

bryan23 wrote:

> I also seen this http://winetricks.darwinports.com/
> Will this also help? Is this reliable? nothing in there won't mess up my system right?

look for the winetricks wiki page for the latest version of winetricks...

but winetricks works fine to install some things *if* you need them... don't use it to install anything unless its really needed, or it can cause problems.

if you get the text version off the website of winetricks, just copy and paste it in a text file, name it winetricks, with no extension, and in command line do a chmod 755 on it.. then you can run it.

if you do not know how to use command line very well, its time to learn, you'll need it a lot to run normal wine and winetricks, as its all command line based.