[Wine] Eve Online in Ubuntu

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Tue Feb 23 15:58:42 CST 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 15:26 -0600, Muskiet wrote:

> This morning I also remember my update manager showing me a Wine 1.2
> update ready, I installed all updates and restarted the computer just
> to be sure, but when looking in the "about" tab of the Wine Config
> Tool it still says 1.1.38.

You've met a Ubuntu stupidity. For reasons best known to themselves
they, or their Wine packager, insist on packaging wine as 1.2 no matter
what version of Wine happens to be in the package.

Fedora tends to distribute rather old Wine versions (currently 1.1.23)
but at least it uses the correct version in the package name.

Martin