[Wine] Game Freezes Randomly Playing Wow

goatgonads wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 23 19:45:58 CST 2010

When playing world of warcraft, my game freezes up every few hours. It doesn't seem to make a difference if I am in a high "action" area or out in the middle of the woods.

I have tried 2 video cards, 4 video drivers, different ram, more ram, less ram, 3 operating systems (karmic 64, lucid 64, and mint 64), two different hard drives, 1.1.38, 1.1.39 Wine, and Crossover Games.... All to no avail. Any help or tips would be appreciated.

CPU: Phenom 2 x4 940
MOBO: Foxconn A7DA-S
RAM: 4x2GB GSKILL PC28500
1KW PSU
Video: XFX 5870 1GB also tried Nvidia 8800GT