[Wine] wine image resizing (anti-alias)

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Wed Feb 24 16:43:45 CST 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 16:01 -0600, artheus wrote:
> Okay! Thanks for that!
>
> But.. In Windows this  resizing works great! These symptoms are not
> visible at all in Windows. The images gets resampled, and looks
> smooth.
>
> About the aspect ratio, It's the resizing function which is having
> trouble keeping that.. As I can only drag horizontally, which resizes
> the whole image automatically. And I thought that function would at
> least try to keep the aspects..
>
> But are there any solutions to how I can force resampling of the
> images?

Before you can force resampling you need to know where its done under
Windows and should be done in Wine.

You've never named the application or said whether the application is
one you wrote. So:

- if you wrote it and are using different compilers under Windows and
  Wine, then you need to dig into any conditional compilation in the
  source for differences in image handling. You also need to compare
  library image function implementations to find differences.

- If you're running exactly the same EXE in Windows and Wine the problem
  has to be external to the program, which means it could be a
  difference between Wine and equivalent Windows code,  Windows DLLs and
  the Wine replacement DLLs or between Windows and Linux graphical
  drivers [1]. This sounds Sounds like a question for the Wine devs if
  the problem is unconnected with the graphics driver.

[1] I don't know how much, if any, of the resampling, etc. is done by
graphical drivers when an image is resized. If the answer is NONE,
ignore this. Otherwise ask in your Linux distro's forum.

Martin