[Wine] Re: Screen goes white while playing WonderKing

JackLantern wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 24 21:29:42 CST 2010

Virtual desktop helped a lot! Now on full screen I can log in, move around, and attack stuff. The BGM doesn't appear to work, but the sound effects do. Windowed mode still crashes. After about 30 seconds I get a "Socket Send Error!!" Which is apparently when something is blocking or tampering with the connection between you and the server. Then, if I'm battling monsters, I get a "Disconnected from the server" pop up and the game crashes. If I'm not, I really can't do anything else. So then to play again I have to quit and then start X11, log in and then it lets me play for around 20 more seconds.

To start the app, I go to the wonderking folder and double click on the "Load.exe" file, and tell it to run directly.

I got Wine and WineBottler from Here (http://www.kronenberg.org/download.php?download=http://mirrors2.nolabelstudios.com/mikesmassivemess/files/WineBottlerCombo_1.1.35.dmg&filename=WineBottlerCombo_1.1.35.dmg&project=WineBottler&sponsorName=Hazelmind&sponsorURL=www.hazelmind.com/hazelstore/store/sample&sponsorBanner=http://www.hazelmind.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/bannersample.jpg) and I think I just dragged them to the applications folder after mounting the disk image.

I tried running it with terminal, but couldn't get results after a couple of tries and stopped trying.

I haven't tried any of the other applications you reccomended, since it's getting late for me. Hopefully it's something simple to solve the connection problem, the BGM I can live with, but would be happy to try nearly anything to fix.

It's so exciting that the game is almost playable now!