[Wine] Master of Orion 2 on Mac OS X

naufrago wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Feb 27 11:08:39 CST 2010

So, this is my second time using Wine on OS X, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to make Master of Orion 2 work on it. I tried using winetricks to install some things I thought might help, but now it seems I broke something because it keeps popping up with the error "MSVCRT.DLL is not compatible with Win32s" whenever I try to do anything more with winetricks.

I initially downloaded Wine to use EFT (a very useful, almost necessary app for anyone who plays EVE), but now I can't even use that since all of the text and images have disappeared. Additionally, the icons in the File Manager are... weird. A few pixels are shaved off the sides of the folder icons and some other icons are just black. There's no color (aside from the yellow of the folders), there's no text in programs... It's basically unusable.

I managed to run the downloader I downloaded from Atari's website just fine (which downloaded the installer), then I managed to install the files successfully, but running the game itself failed. I tried looking up how to get it to run on the wiki and did a google search, but nothing was readily apparent. I tried fixing it myself, but now it's fubar. Any tips on getting it to work? I could really use the help.