[Wine] Wine Doesn't Detect Extra Drives

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sat Feb 27 12:35:39 CST 2010

On Sat, 2010-02-27 at 11:58 -0600, WarKirby wrote:
> Oh, nevermind, I suddenly get it. /media is a subdirectory of the ubuntu partition, so I can access it through there.

The usual way to introduce multiple disks is to do a custom Linux
installation, which uses an interactive screen to let you assign labels
and mount points to partitions and specify which disks are to be
reformatted. This assumes that all the disks are not swappable, i.e.
they are screwed down in the computer chassis and connected  via
IDS/SCSI/SATA cables.

This way its easy to say that /home is the mountpoint for a partition
containing login directories and to add additional mountpoints for extra
disks.

Typically anything mounted on a subdirectory in /media would be
removable (CD/DVD/SD card/USB drive).

How did you configure your extra drives to be mounted in /media, or are
they just removable drives?

Martin