[Wine] Re: Wine is freezing

tpreitzel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 28 19:26:34 CST 2010

simetri wrote:
> And I forgot something to write. My computer is a VPS. Doesn't have TVTunner or soundcard on it.

Ok, I evidently missed the fact that the computer itself wasn't freezing, just WINE. In your case, I don't know the cause.

HOWEVER, IF in the future one sees the computer itself freeze, not just WINE, then the scenario is likely a driver. Isolating the offending driver simply means painstakingly removing the hardware and its concomitant driver until the freeze disappears.

Good luck with the problem and hopefully someone else can point you in the right direction.