[Wine] Re: Weird Broken Package Message.

sonanski wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 1 01:29:10 CST 2010

L. Rahyen wrote:
> On 2009-12-31 (December, Thursday) 23:49:30 sonanski wrote:
>

> > When I tried to install Wine from the link to the .deb provided from that
> > page, Synaptic bounces the following message back me;
> >

> > > Could not apply changes! Fix broken packages first.
> > >

> 	It seems you have broken packages. Try:
>
> sudo apt-get -f install
>
> 	Then try again. If you still have the problem, please post full terminal
> output after above command.

I tried it twice, and here's the terminal output:

Code:
nopeeking at mycomputer:~$ sudo apt-get -f install
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.

On whim, I did the following as well;

Code:
apt-get uprgrade

And this the output, respectively

Code:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  wine wine-gecko
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.

Thanks for taking the time to help me address, and understand this issue better.