[Wine] .rpm repository for CentOS 5 / Scientific Linux 5

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Fri Jan 1 17:38:14 CST 2010

As CentOS is based on RedHat Linux the Apache web server should either
have been included as part of your initial install or be available from
the CentOS repository. If you want to display pages served from outside
the default /var/www directory tree, i.e. via the http://server/~user
notation or with references to /home/user/public_html you'll end up
fighting with SELinux. Disabling it is the easiest work-round and should
be safe on a private LAN provided your broadband router uses NAT and you
aren't forwarding incoming connections.

You don't need to run a DNS service unless you want to learn about
running one. Instead you can either let your router provide DNS and DHCP
services to your LAN or use static IPs and put copies of a
single /etc/hosts file on all the computers on your LAN.

Martin