[Wine] Re: Itunes on Wine?

wreinmicheal wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 2 02:12:51 CST 2010

I gave winecfg a go - as per the franks corner link above. Just to save others time: winecfg latest version is 2003 (so old, and maybe not up to date, but it seems to work), to get it: google for it - it's a sourceforge project.....untar and copy the windows files to your wine c_drive.

Anyway, franks corner also says to set itunes to be a virtual desktop.....this isn't possible with winecfg (or at least, if it is, then it's hidden in some obscure corner).

The final result of the franks corner itunes install is that i have itunes and quicktime installed, but when running itunes, i get a message that my quicktime version isn't up to date enough to run itunes - i have version 7.0d0 (so says the error message - this was the version of quicktime installed under wine with the latest itunessetup.exe). Incidentally, the same quicktime install under pure windows is version 7.1 something.

Has anyone got itunes working under wine ? Any tips please ? WineHQ apps db says that one person has itunes up under ubuntu, but I am ubuntu, and a straight install under wine fails - the quicktime installer never finishes its install.

Thanks for whatever tips are out there.