[Wine] Re: Easily changing directory where program files should be inst

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 2 06:04:19 CST 2010

Paul I am sorry to say I don't see that much advantage since we already have a way.

WINEPREFIX="location" wine <application.exe>

This creates a full new virtual drive system at the location.

Unless applications need to interact with each other they don't need to be in the same WINEPREFIX.  The advantage here is by using wine prefixs is if one prefix goes south due to something strange happening the other wine prefixs operate perfectly.

"man wine" does give useful options.