[Wine] Train your Brain doesn't start

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 2 20:57:08 CST 2010

rasalas wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> first of all: sorry for the expressionless subject, but I don't have a lot of experience and I can't figure out the specific problem.
>
> Santa Claus gave me a game, in German called "Gehirntraining mit Dr. Kawashima". I think, in English it must be something like "Train your Brain".
>
> I installed the game with WINE and tried to start it, but i got an error.
>
> My WINE-Version is wine-1.0.1 and I'm running it on Kubuntu 9.10.

Try installing Wine-1.2 which will install the latest development
version and try to install/run the program with a new .wine partition.

You can either delete the existing .wine folder if this is the only
program installed or if you don't mind installing all of the programs in
the current Wine installation or you can open a terminal session and
type in:

[code]

mv $HOME/.wine{,.backup}

[/code]

to move the current session to .wine.backup for testing purposes.

After doing this, attempt to install the program again.

Please put terminal output on a site like pastebin.com and then post the
URL to the error messages here.

Thank you.

James McKenzie