[Wine] dxdiag - exits without success

AlannY m at alanny.ru
Sun Jan 3 09:44:15 CST 2010

Hi there. I'm trying to turn on DirectX in Wine. (please read whole message, and only after that blamming me).

Recently, I've used Gentoo and it's Wine. But after that, I switched to Fedora
and start using Fedora's Wine. Some programs load successfully, but not DirectX.
As I said before, everything was normal in Gentoo, but not in Fedora. (for both
I have amd64 (x86_64) arch).

I've installed Wine with:

    %# yum install wine.i686

This installs many of i686 libs, seems ok.

After that, I'm running winecfg:

    %# winecfg

And setting up my default.

After that I'm starting dxdiag for testing DirectX:

    %# wine dxdiag

And nothing happens. No window, no messages on console.

    %# echo $?

prints

    %# 0

Everything is OK (return code 0).

I thought that dxdiag is not in this Wine package; So I tryed to install DirectX
from M$ site with guide from this link: http://howto.landure.fr/gnu-linux/install-directx-9-0c-on-linux-using-wine

Everything installs ok.

So, I've tryed to run dxdiag again, and again no window, no messages in console, return code 0.

What can I do? What's happening with it?

Thanks for patience.

--