[Wine] Re: MCI Avi Video Playback Problem

jbrown wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 4 10:56:38 CST 2010

dimesio wrote:
> What version of Wine? My test was in 1.1.34. If you're using an older version, upgrade.

I was using 1.1.27 and upgraded today to 1.1.35.

Now MSVIDEO.DLL loads, but I get

Code:
Could not load 'KEYBOARD.DLL' required by 'MSVIDEO', error=2
err:thunk:_loadthunk (MSVIDEO.DLL, ls_ThunkData16, MSVFW32.DLL): Unable to load 'MSVIDEO.DLL', error 2

and there is no KEYBOARD.DLL in Windows!?

SubCreator is playing normal avi files with the MCI setting, but as soon as I install xvid codecs for xvid coded videos, the errors occur. I don't know whether there is a special xvid codec for the MCI, I just installed a VfW one and added

Code:
[drivers32]
vidc.xvid=xvidvfw.dll

in my system.ini.

With the other possible setting (using the media player) I'm stuck, too. Video will play, but there is no sound. (Unfortunately, the media player 6.4 installer won't run, so I cannot check whether it is just an installation problem. I manually did installation of the inf files.)

Any help/ideas appreciated.