[Wine] Re: AutoCAD 2004 crashes using Ubuntu 9.10 and Wine 1.1.33

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 5 20:28:48 CST 2010

NSLW wrote:
> Does PlayOnLinux change configuration always to be wrong so it's bad software? Does PlayOnLinux goal is to crash Wine?

I don't care what exactly it changes - it _DOES_ change it. And just this fact is enough to call it bad. Or at least an extra unknown variable.

If you read this forum you'll know that many apps plain fail to work under POL. And start working properly when installed under vanilla Wine. So something is wrong with POL...

I don't have all those apps to test, nor do I care what POL changes - it's an extra layer that does something. Wine has enough issues on it's own. Having another questionable quality wrapper around it doesn't make things any better.