[Wine] Re: Fallen Earth

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 6 09:03:01 CST 2010

Coala wrote:
> Could you elabourate please vitamin? Am I helping Davvve, or am I making it worse?

If you install self-compiled Wine you won't be able to use the system's one.

As far as those compile instructions... they have some issues:

> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/bin/wine-someversion

This is wrong, you don't want to put it all there. You should use something like /usr/local/wine-someversion instead.

> sudo ln -s /usr/local/bin/wine-someversion/bin/wine /usr/local/bin/wine-someversion/bin/wine-someversion

What's this is for?

Davvvve wrote:
> I have compiled it like the guide said . but i cant get it to work ,

What exactly doesn't work? Post the command you used to start the program and complete terminal output.