[Wine] 777 Gebärden : Cannot find TB70net.exe (or one of its...)

C.hristianKrueger wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 6 14:52:16 CST 2010

Hello forum,

just a short introduction of mine before the problem comes ;-)
Switched from Windows to Linux a couple of years ago and always avoided the contact
to wine. Do not ask why, the program seemed scary to me.
But as the legal copy of Windows has crashed due to license errors on the laptop, and I
am not willing to have it reinstalled next to my debian, I did install wine and am wondering
where it will lead me to... hopefully a linux-only laptop.

And now the problem:
I tried to install one of the programs, that still makes me use windows.
"777 Gebärden" a learning software for gesture language for deaf/mute people
which has been tested as a CD-version quite a long way back:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=3840&iTestingId=613

I am using the DVD-Version that installed quite smoothly:
-Setup.exe to have the DVD checked and the serial number entered
-MSI file to have the software installed after setup.exe did exit

When starting the software from link
env WINEPREFIX="/home/username/.wine" wine "C:\Programme\MAD\777\777.exe"
the following message appears:

| Toolbook II                    |
Cannot find TB70net.exe (or one of its components).
                     [OK]

The file is located in the same folder as the "777.exe"
The message even does appear in windows under some circumstances and there
is a support item from the publisher:
http://www.kestner.de/n/verlag/support/777-v2-support.htm#frage25

Simple put in English:
- you might have disabled support for for 8.3 names
- you might have umlaute (äüö), blanks or special characters within the installation path
  I avoided "C:\Program Files\" because it allready failed in my english windows.

Any help would be appreciated how to verify both of the above and things worth to check
or modify etc.

Regards,
Chris
wine 1.1.35~winehq1-1