[Wine] No graphic

jasse wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jan 7 06:26:43 CST 2010

Hello

A few months ago I had to reinstall Ubuntu. Then, of course, my wine was removed as well, and I had to install it again. I have had Football Manager 10 working before, but I can't get it working any more. It's basically just a lot of colours, but no real graphic. I can't see anything so I have to kill it. I thought it was just me being bad at these stuff, but now when I tried playing FlatOut 2, almost the same thing happened.

I started the game, and all the intro stuff is working great. Then when the loading screen pops up, it's mostly just a lot of colours. Sometimes it's just black background, and sometimes it's my desktop view that is messed up as a background. But when the loading is done, I get into the menus and it works beautifully. Until I try to start a race. Then this messed up picture pops up again while loading, then the whole screen gets grey and freezes. And when I try to start them with the console I get some kind of error saying something with some database thing.

I also tried FlatOut 1, exactly the same as with FlatOut 2 happened, except I could start it with the console and got:

Code:
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f414,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f4ac,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:swapchain_init The application requested more than one back buffer, this is not properly supported.
Please configure the application to use double buffering (1 back buffer) if possible.
fixme:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Add OpenGL context recreation support to SetDepthStencilSurface
fixme:d3d9:Direct3DShaderValidatorCreate9 stub
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
fixme:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_SetVolumePan (0x45d7fa0,0x45d7ea0): stub
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
fixme:d3d_surface:surface_upload_data >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glCompressedTexSubImage2DARB @ surface.c / 532
fixme:d3d_surface:surface_upload_data >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glCompressedTexSubImage2DARB @ surface.c / 532
fixme:d3d_surface:surface_upload_data >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glCompressedTexSubImage2DARB @ surface.c / 532
wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0xff9cb0b3 at address 0x7bc47c44 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
Killed

Any thoughts? Kind of frustrating since at least football manager was working before.