[Wine] Super Pro 9.4 / USAF question

Marcelo R wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 9 01:35:48 CST 2010

Hi all!
I tried to install and run Jane's USAF and Super Pro 9.4 with no luck. The game installs fine, but I cannot make it work under Linux (P-IV 2.5 + 1Gb RAM + NVidia 440Go (64Mb) with Ubuntu 9.10 + Wine 1.1.35 + NVidia 96.43.13). The game runs fine in this very same computer under Windows XP, and my computer exceeds by far the game's requirements.
The original program (Jane's USAF) is listed as not working in the AppDB, but it is probably one of the best Air Combat Simulators and that is what I am trying to make it work.
I got the following log file when trying to run the game, and I was wondering if an experienced Wine user could tell me if the errors are  unrecoverable or if there are workarounds to solve them.:

Code:

fixme:ntdll:find_reg_tz_info Can't find matching timezone information in the registry for bias 180, std (d/m/y): 0/00/0000, dlt (d/m/y): 0/00/0000
fixme:ddraw:DirectDrawEnumerateExA flags 0x00000007 not handled
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32ea08,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to 16
fixme:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Add OpenGL context recreation support to SetDepthStencilSurface
err:d3d7:IDirect3DViewportImpl_Clear  Trying to clear the color buffer without background material !
fixme:d3d7:IDirect3DDeviceImpl_3_SetLightState  D3DLIGHTSTATE_MATERIAL called with NULL material !!!
fixme:d3d:set_tex_op_nvrc >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_ENUM (0x500) from set_tex_op_nvrc() @ nvidia_texture_shader.c / 454
fixme:d3d_draw:drawPrimitive Using software emulation because manual fog coordinates are provided
fixme:d3d7:IDirect3DDeviceImpl_3_SetLightState  D3DLIGHTSTATE_MATERIAL called with NULL material !!!
err:d3d7:IDirect3DDeviceImpl_7_SetRenderState Unhandled texture mag 4 !
fixme:wave:ESD_widMessage unknown message 2069!

Thanks!

Marcelo[/code]