[Wine] Running VMware View client on Linux via Wine

timwilson wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 9 11:06:36 CST 2010

My company is exploring the use of VMware View to virtualize Windows desktops. Unfortunately, if you're using a Windows client to access the View server, you need to pay for Windows twice. Once on the View client machine and once on the server. There's an open source View client for Linux, but it doesn't have all of the features of the Windows client.

I'm wondering if I could run the Windows View client on a Linux machine via Wine? Has anyone tried it?