[Wine] First real installation attempt- Warcraft III

StartedTheFire wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 9 14:38:56 CST 2010

I have ubuntu and have no idea what I'm doing. I just got Wine today and apart from doing what the website told me to do about Debian-based ATI readers or something in the Software Sources application, I just installed Wine from the software center.

Warcraft III is the only windows application i have on a CD that i can find, so I used that to test it. I installed it successfully and it appears under the virtual program files folder, and looks like it should work. But whenever I start it, the screen just goes blank. The disc stops spinning. The computer stops making all its little working noises. Pretty much nothing happens.

Are there some graphics/video drivers I have to install or something?