[Wine] Ubuntu 9.10 and Wine

Shirtbogger wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 10 12:52:04 CST 2010

Ubuntu 9.10 is telling me that there are broken packages that need fixed before it can install wine. I have used both the package installer and the command line installer, and both give me the same message.

I have only just started making the switch to Linux, so any help as can be provided, please assume I don't know the where or how of finding and doing. I am fairly keen on reading directions as you would give to a person driving in unfamiliar areas, so general "you should come across a bit of text" will make initial sense for getting me off the ground.

I thank you for you time and help.