[Wine] 1.1.36 compile problem on Mac OS X

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 10 18:33:40 CST 2010

doh123 wrote:
> James McKenzie wrote:
>
>> doh123 wrote:
>>

>>> I'm trying to compile Wine 1.1.36 on my normal Mac OS X 10.4 build machine.  I've successfully built Wine 1.1.5 through 1.1.35 all on this machine.... but 1.1.36 is giving me a problem during configure.  Anyone know what might be causing this?
>>>
>>> these are the last few lines when it dumps out during configure
>>>
>>> Code:
>>> config.status: creating dlls/wtsapi32/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating dlls/wuapi/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating dlls/wuaueng/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating dlls/xinput1_1/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating dlls/xinput1_2/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating dlls/xinput1_3/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating dlls/xinput1_3/tests/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating dlls/xinput9_1_0/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating dlls/xmllite/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating documentation/Makefile
>>> config.status: creating fonts/Makefile
>>> config.status: error: cannot find input file: `include/Makefile.in'
>>>

>> You may have to resync your git.  This file is present in the git I just
>> updated.
>>
>> James McKenzie
>>

>  I can try git, but like to keep normal release versions...
>
>  but this was from the source download at http://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/system/emulators/wine/wine-1.1.36.tar.bz2 linked right off the release page.
>
> maybe there's is just messed up?  I'll try some other places and get the latest from git.

Doh123:

The tarball may be messed up.  I don't know how that could happen, but
I've had problems with files getting corrupted as well.

This was reported on wine-devel.

James McKenzie