[Wine] Re: Office 2007 Doesn't Work! Help!

junxi3q wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 11 10:05:11 CST 2010

dimesio wrote:

> junxi3q wrote:
> > I'm using Ubuntu 9.10, and I really need Office 2007 so I tried Wine 1.1.31.
> > After installing Wine, I used wintricks to get MSXML, VCRUN2005, then the installation started.
> >

> Why? No overrides are needed to install Office 2007 in current Wine.
>
> Delete or rename ~/.wine and run the Office installer without any overrides. After installing, set riched20 and usp10 to native in winecfg. (Office installs its own version of these dlls, but needs the overrides set in winecfg.)

Hey, thanks! The problem was solved!
By the way, where did you find the way to solve this problem? I mean I should learn how to find the answer.
There seems to be a little problem with Word 2007. The error message mentioned about "vba" and "template" or something like that. This happens when I quit Word and I have to choose "not save to Normal". What's that?

Thanks again!