[Wine] Re: Super Pro 9.4 / USAF question

Marcelo R wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 11 20:53:42 CST 2010

Hi,
I got to have it "almost" working.
The game installs, has sound, shows the configuration screen, but... when the simulation begins everything is fine for about 5 seconds. After that the screen will turn black and just the cursor will be shown. Randomly I am able to see everything again for a few seconds, but then again, the infamous black screen.
Any ideas of how to solve this? If we can, the game will be fully playable!

I tried different things to make it work, and after playing a lot with different things I ended up with the following:
used winetricks to install d3dx9 (I don't know if this can be the cause)
Set the screen color depth to 16 and then started the game.
Set windows compatibility to Win2000.
Then I modified the wine registry with the following:
Direct3D -> DirectDrawRenderer -> opengl

Thanks,

Marcelo.