[Wine] Re: Ubuntu 9.10 and Wine

Shirtbogger wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 11 21:07:42 CST 2010

Found the problem. Ubuntu wants (universe) turned on, and I didn't find that in any of the instructions (I admit I am fallible and may have glossed over it).

To turn it on and get Wine to install properly, got System > Administration > Software Sources and activate the second option, which ends in (universe). Close and reload, then go add your ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa command located in the Other Software tab (or through synaptic. Whichever. I'm sure any mode will work at this point).

This closes my issue, and I hope helps someone else new to the software.