[Wine] 1.1.36 compile problem on Mac OS X

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Mon Jan 11 23:09:08 CST 2010

ryan woodsmall wrote:
>> No, but are you using the patched ld?
>>
>> I'll be updating the EM_FORMATRANGE patch in about a day so I'll report
>> back with testing results (pass/fail) tomorrow on Leopard (10.5.8 with
>> the ld patch).
>
> No, no patches whatsoever.  Only building straight from source, nothing custom, all standard archive instals.  What's the patched ld?

I wrote a patch that "fixes" the linker bug (it's attached to Wine bug
14920) that prevents 16-bit programs from linking properly. (Apple fixed
it a different way for 10.6, hence "fixes" in quotes.) To use it, you
need the source for the ld64 package (the default linker in 10.5 up).
You just apply the patch in the root directory of the ld64 source, and
then you build the Xcode project that's included with ld64.

Again, I'd like to stress that this isn't necessary on 10.6 because
Apple has apparently fixed it (at least, AJ's configure test succeeds).

Chip