[Wine] Installing Wine on Mac OS 10.6.2

ryan woodsmall rwoodsmall at mac.com
Tue Jan 12 17:02:21 CST 2010

> Okay, so i'm new to installing wine, and i'm trying to get it to work on my Intel Macbook. I got all the way to the make  command, but now i get this error message.
>
> winegcc: ../../tools/winebuild/winebuild failed
> make[2]: *** [krnl386.exe16.so] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [krnl386.exe16] Error 2
> make: *** [dlls] Error 2
>
> I had problems with the C compiler earlier, so i reinstalled the newest version of X Code with everything included. I tried to do a sudo version of this code too, but that gave the same error.
> How do I go about fixing this? Thanks in advanced.

Use the "--disable-win16" argument for configure.  This is a known issue on 10.5, and 16-bit changes appear to have broken on 10.4 and 10.6 where they previously worked.  Was mentioned in a previous thread:

http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=7349

Trying to get to a point where I can even do a "git bisect" between 1.1.35/36 to see which commit caused this compilation problem to occur, but don't currently even have a spare moment.