[Wine] Missing controls in Garmin software setup

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Wed Jan 13 15:09:15 CST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 14:38, Andreas Tille <andreas at fam-tille.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 06:42:43AM +0200, Gert van den Berg wrote:
>> If it needs drivers to talk to the GPS device, Wine won't work, except
>> maybe for USB-to-serial devices... (If the GPS is accessed as
>> mass-storage there might be hope as well...)
>
> We are not yet here!  The programm has some use even without the
> actual device (USB) and the problem occures in the very first step
> of the *installer* of the program.  Please have a look at

I just meant that if you want to sync your GPS, you might be wasting
your time...

> $ wine MapSource_6157.exe
> wine: created the configuration directory '/home/tillea/.wine'
> ALSA lib ../../../src/seq/seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
> Could not load wine-gecko. HTML rendering will be disabled.

If the installer uses HTML (which it seemed to last time  tried it
(whitish GUI)) this is your problem...

winetricks should be able to fix that.... (gecko is the verb you're
looking for...)

See
http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks
http://wiki.winehq.org/Gecko

(Wine will also use Gecko from somewhere under /usr/lib...)
(/usr/share/wine/gecko for me...) You can download it from here:
http://sf.net/projects/wine/files/ A package should exist for this...

Gert