[Wine] Re: Linux Mint 8 + Wine 1.1.36 + Office 2007

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 13 17:46:46 CST 2010

DJD wrote:
> The only thing I changed was the OS to Win 7 and then back to XP. It was on Win 7 when I installed it though, could that make a diff?
>
> I don't even know what you're asking me so I'm guessing no, but I did have wine stable on before installing 1.1.36 but I did (as far as I know) do a complete removal of it before installing 1.1.36...

Delete or rename ~/.wine and reinstall (in 1.1.36) without any winetricks,  changes to winecfg (including the Windows version) or any other tweaks.  Just run the installer. After installing, set overrides for riched20 and usp10. Just set the overrides in winecfg; Office installs its own version of these dlls.  If Word still doesn't start after that, post terminal output.