[Wine] Error when running Merriam-Webster 3.0

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Wed Jan 13 15:57:27 CST 2010

drif wrote:
> I should have made the prompt legible, what does the last line mean?
>
> wine: Call from 0x7b8453f0 to unimplemented function msvcirt.dll.??0ifstream@@QAE at PBDHH@Z, aborting
> wine: Unimplemented function msvcirt.dll.??0ifstream@@QAE at PBDHH@Z called at address 0x7b8453f0 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
> Unhandled exception: unimplemented function msvcirt.dll.??0ifstream@@QAE at PBDHH@Z called in 32-bit code (0x7b845442).
> err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code 80000100 flags 1 addr 0x7b8453f0
Congratulations, you've found a bug.

What's happening is that your program is trying to use something that
Wine doesn't have... yet. If you file a bug at WineHQ Bugzilla (it's at
http://bugs.winehq.org ) and include the relevant information, I'm sure
somebody would be happy to look into it. Who knows, maybe I'LL look into
it (seeing as I've got nothing to work on Wine-wise right now :).

Chip