[Wine] Re: No Wine item in the Application menu

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jan 14 18:19:16 CST 2010

wonderweirdo wrote:
> I've loaded wine 1.1.36, it seemed to install fine, I can find the files in the computers directory.  I just have no menu items.  I've tried to reinstall, nothing, I've tried to completely uninstall and reinstall, nothing.  Is there a way to add the menu items to the application menu?  I'm using Ubuntu 9.1.  I don't know what the file is to start wine, but even if I knew it, I'd like to be able to have the full menu items.
>
> thnx

Plain Wine doesn't add any menu entries for itself. When you install an app, Wine should add menu entries for it.  If you want to add menu entries for things like winecfg, you can do that with your menu editor, just like any other app.

You might want to take a look at the FAQ. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ