[Wine] Re: Problem in configuring (need help PLS)

3vi1 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 15 09:29:28 CST 2010

verve wrote:
> OK but I have downloaded my ATI linux drivers, you saying that wine has own imitations of directx .dlls ,but everything is still not good enough like old times?? what did i missed :?

Video drivers and DirectX are two entirely different things.

When you say you "downloaded" your ATI Linux drivers, do you mean you installed them through your distro's package manager.  If so, that's a good thing.  If not, read up on your distro before you try to install them manually.

As for your original question on how to configure, check out the documentation (http://www.winehq.org/site/documentation).  Also, as dimesio stated, click up top on the AppDB to find if there are specific workarounds for the game you're trying  If you have a question not covered, please try to give the specific details (your distro, wine package version, game name, steps to recreate the problem...)