[Wine] Re: Battlefield 1942 on Mac os X

jeffz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 17 19:31:22 CST 2010

[quote="Capitaine Haddock"]
But when I want to launch the game, I arrive on a game screen that asks me if I want to read the manual, to install or uninstall the game, to play, to visit the website... All these choices works except the play button !
When I click on play, a screen with "Battlefield 1942" appears but it disappears immediately and nothing occurs...

/quote]

This sounds like you are running the installer?  I have the anthology version also, and that describes the installer/launcher on the cdrom.

What I do to start the game is cd to the install directory.

eg, cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/EA\ Games/Battlefield\ 1942
then do:

wine bf1942

That should launch the game directly.  I don't know if you are getting the launcher because that is the shortcut setup or you are re-running it from the cdrom.